Addicted to Facebook...

I am intrigued by the growing technology that is invading our lives at such a rapid pace. I was just getting accustomed to 8-track and bam, dvd is now Blu-Ray and HD is the new standard... enough to drive a person over the age of 21 to drink....

But oddly, I am loving Facebook and judging by the millions of users each day, I am not alone. And even though I run a company, appear regularly on live tv and am raising 6 year old twins --
late at night, and several times a day... I am compelled to log on.

Perhaps its the photos mixed with the intimacy and the immediacy -- sharing good news spreads fast, coping with bad news has been very helpful (from the untimely death of my friend Billy Mays to the shocking murder of one of my husband's oldest friend) and of course, nothing like getting 300+ congrats and well wishes on your birthday. My mom is long gone, and it felt nice to have someone remember!!

www.forbesriley.com

I am loving it and thank the creators of this public forum... and for those of you still wondering if you should join -- getting past the reacquaintance with high school you have touched base with in.... um.... decades, is truly the only challenging part!

Comments